3.03.2014

Advice From Mindy Kaling


I recently finished the book, "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)," by Mindy Kaling and I cannot recommend it more! Seriously, it was like a burst of sunshine in this polar vortex hibernation life I've been living. Here are some hilarious slash inspirational slash straight up realness from her book. Go read it!!


“So I’m into men now, even though they can be frightening. I want a schedule-keeping, waking-up-early, wallet-carrying, non-Velcro-shoe-wearing man.” 

“I don't want to hear about the endless struggles to keep sex exciting, or the work it takes to plan a date night. I want to hear that you guys watch every episode of The Bachelorette together in secret shame, or that one got the other hooked on Breaking Bad and if either watches it without the other, they're dead meat. I want to see you guys high-five each other like teammates on a recreational softball team you both do for fun.” 



“I really think guys only need two pairs of shoes. A nice pair of black shoes and a pair of Chuck Taylors.” 

“In real life, shouldn't a wedding be an awesome party you throw with your great pal, in the presence of a bunch of your other friends? A great day, for sure, but not the beginning and certainly not the end of your friendship with a person you can't wait to talk about gardening with the for the next forty years.” 


“I would rather have someone read my diary than look at my iPod playlists.” 

“You might also see that some of my playlists are simply two songs on repeat fifteen times, like I’m a psycho getting pumped up to murder the president.”



No comments:

Post a Comment